Foodie travelers -‐ look no further! This package is ideal for those who want to experience the culinary delights of Guatemala while also immersing yourself in its unique culture. You will get the opportunity to learn about the local ingredients at the Antigua market, discover recipes handed down through generations by the Mayans, prepare traditional Guatemalan dishes at a cooking class including tortillas, pepian and rellenitos and learn about the Zacapa rum, one of the finest in the world, on a rum tasting experience. Not only will you eat, but you will learn about Guatemala’s history and its unique Mayan cultures and traditions.
Steeped in history, culture and delicious cuisine, Antigua is a UNESCO world heritage city, with colonial cobbled streets, 17th and 18th century architecture, breathtaking volcano views and gastronomic delights. This trip incorporates all the main cultural highlights of Antigua and fun activities at Lake Atitlan with a strong focus on the gastronomy of Guatemala.
Accommodation options are a choice of a private house OR a 3 star hotel in Antigua. Private properties range from 1 bedroom lofts to 4 bedroom houses. All hotel rooms are double with ensuite facilities and all hotels and private houses offer free Wifi. Breakfast included in hotel accommodation. We cater for independent travellers, couples and families.
This trip also incorporates the opportunity to volunteer in a school for a day where you can help contribute towards breaking the cycle of poverty in Guatemala, through education.
At a glance:
- Stay in a private house OR a 3 star hotel for 7 nights in Antigua
- Breakfast included in hotel
- Private airport transfer (return)
- Informative reception drinks
- Antigua city walking tour
- 4 fine dining experiences
- Chocolate making workshop
- Coffee plantation tour
- Guatemalan cooking class
- Antigua market tour
- Rum tasting experience
- Mayan traditions show
- Quad bike mountain tour
- Volunteering opportunity with local school
- Accommodation for 2 nights at Lake Atitlan
- Private transport to Lake Atitlan (return)
- Activity day at Lake Atitlan – kayaking, cliff jumping, archery